Roleplayed by: Chandlerashari
|Full Name||Vlaen Azhra|
|Statistics||5'7" / 98 lbs|
|Languages||Galactic Basic, Trill|
|Station||U.S.S. Nova Scotia|
|Role||Chief Science Officer|
|Former Stations||Starbase 39|
|Former Roles||Astrometric Scientist|
Vlaen Azthra (nee Izri) was the Chief Science Officer of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Nova Scotia (NCC-92709-A).
- Vlaen Izri was born on Mak'ala, Trill in 2367 to a family of civil servants. Vlaen's father serves on the Symbiosis Committee and her mother is a high ranking member of the Trill Development Department. From an early age Vlaen's father was adamant on preparing Vlaen for the joining which led to extra lessons and skill training outside of her already demanding school work.
- Vlaen spent the early half of her 20s chasing doctorates in Astrometrics, Psychology and Xenobiology. She was halfway through her Subspace Communications masters when she decided to quit and aspire to be a Starfleet Officer in 2394 after hearing about her cousin Varen's interesting exploits as a Starfleet Cadet.
- Vlaen studied in the Beta Ursae Annex of Starfleet Academy as it had the Instructor's Alternate Pathway of entry which the San Francisco main campus did not have. This allowed her to follow the normal curriculum while also assisting in teaching in subjects she is qualified to teach in and guaranteeing her a rank of full Lieutenant on completion of her cadet posting.
- After spending six months on Deep Space 9 as a cadet, she was promoted to Lieutenant and took a 2-year sabbatical. The reasons was clear, she was about to undergo the Joining. The preparation was stressful to her like it would other candidates. But in it she would gain the friendship of Tolak Ral, her joined mentor and esteemed Archeologist specializing in ancient Romulan and Vulcan artifacts. It was in this apprenticeship Vlaen developed her interest and obsession with Romulans and Romulan culture.
- In 2400, Vlaen joined to became the fourth host of the symbiont Azthra, which shared her passion for Romulans in general, she requested a posting on Starbase 39 in the edge of Romulan space. A request granted by Starfleet Command.
- In 2402, The admiral in charge of Starbase 39 dispatched her into a fact-finding mission to Rator III to investigate how the Romulans have adapted to the loss of their homeworld and to acquire slipped Romulan technology in 2389. Starfleet Intelligence began to support Vlaen's mission three months in which supplied her with the logistics needed to pass as a Romulan. In 2406 she was promoted to Lieutenant Commander after saving a cadre of Federation Scientists from a Romulan authority raid on spies.
- In 2408, she was called back to Starbase 39 after Rator III was deemed unsafe for Federation science personnel after a slew of spy outings by Romulan intelligence. As a reward she got promoted to Commander and was stationed on the U.S.S. Nova Scotia-A which was now dedicated to assisting New Romulus.
- In 2409, she pushed hard for "Project Unification" which would see the Nova Scotia-A refitted with Romulan and Borg technologies to see its viability in Starfleet vessels in the current Borg conflict.